I had planned to post every day, but here we are a week later and nothing. LOL Maybe next week, but don’t hold your breath. I’m trying. Time just seems to get away from me.

Monday: Mom had a doctor’s appointment in the afternoon, so I ran in the morning. I was a late getting started, so I decided to run two miles at a little bit of a quicker pace than I have been running lately. I ran out the road and it really wasn’t too bad. I still felt like I was breathing harder than I should have, but nothing like the two previous runs. The two miles averaged exactly one minute per mile faster than what I did on Friday, so I was pleased. I walked a total of 1.0 mile for warm up and cool down in 15:32 minutes (3.6 mph pace). I ran 2.0 miles in 24:25 minutes for an average pace of 12:13 min/mile (4.9 mph). The thing I was most pleased with was the last quarter mile. I ran it at a 9:32 min/mile consistent pace. That’s pretty speedy for me, and the fact that I kept it up for a quarter mile was pretty cool.

Tuesday: I helped do some health screenings at one of the local High Schools. Before CoVID hit, I helped with all the county schools. This is the first time I’ve helped in two years. We take height, weight, and blood pressure for the kids in freshman wellness classes (in high school). In the elementary schools, we do the same for the even numbered classes, so everyone gets checked every other year. Our main concern is their blood pressure…. if they are above normal, the nurse will check it over the next two weeks. If it stays high, they let the parents know so they can have a doctor check it and maybe do some early intervention they wouldn’t get otherwise. After I got home, I walked a mile on the driveway in 16:00 minutes for a 3.7 mph pace.

Wednesday: I helped do health screenings at another local High School. This was her last one for the year, so that’s all I will until the fall. It was nice to get paid for doing something different. When I got home, I met the local volunteer fire chief to talk about burning the sage grass off of a field I have so the grass will be better hay for the cattle. They are going to burn it off next week. After that, I walked a mile on the treadmill before getting ready for church. I walked the mile in 15:48 minutes (3.8 mph).

Thursday: I got the Holter Monitor for my heart put on in the morning. It’s a different design and really small. The only problem is that it is in the area where my bra strap goes. The way it is made, if the strap is narrow enough, I can put it under the monitor, so it doesn’t put pressure on it. Some of my sports bras will get a couple weeks rest. After I got home, I walked a mile on the driveway in 16:38 minutes (3.6 mph pace).

Friday: I played tennis with my normal group. They were more talkative than normal, so there wasn’t a whole lot of tennis playing. It was fun though. I had my Garmin recording for 1:36:59 minutes and burned 258 calories. I unexpectedly went into work afterwards to help cover the teacher’s breaks. I got a nice surprise when I got there. The center had applied for and gotten a grant to use to help keep their employees. They gave everyone a bonus check. I had known about the grant but didn’t know how much we would get. It was about 5 times more than I was expecting! When I got home, I didn’t have the time or energy to run, but didn’t want to just walk, so I did a two mile “wun” on the driveway. I managed a 14:35 min/mile (4.1 mph) pace.

Saturday: We had about 2 inches of snow on the ground, and it was cold at 25°F (-3.9°C) with a feel like of 14°F (-10°C) at 1 pm. Way too cold to be out and felt even colder since the high temperature on Friday had been 66°F (18.9°C). Talk about a spring weather roller coaster! I was in a grumpy mood and tired, so I just walked a mile on the treadmill instead of running. I walked for 15:48 minutes (3.8 mph).

As you can see, Tippy didn’t care what the temperature was. She was begging me to come out and play. Umm. Sorry Tippy. Too cold for this human.

Sunday: It was 12°F (-11.1°C) this morning, so I decided to not go to church. I knew that the lock on my gate would be frozen, and I didn’t feel like standing out in those temperatures while I tried to thaw it up. I did my run on the treadmill while I watched the livestream of the church service on Facebook. I did a run/walk of 4/1 minutes. The walks were at 3.8 mph and the runs were a ladder from 4.2 – 4.8 mph. The last 2 intervals I ran at 4.5 mph. I just didn’t feel like I had 4 minutes of 4.9 mph and 5.0 mph in me today. I felt good and my breathing felt like it was back to normal. I did a 0.5 mile warm up walk and a 0.7 mile cool down walk in order to finish the church service and to make my total distance an even half mile. I walked 1.20 miles in 18:59 minutes for a 15:49 min/mile (3.8 mph) pace. I ran/walked 3.30 miles in 45:17 minutes for a 13:43 min/mile (4.4 mph) average pace. It was slow, but that was the furthest I have ran this year.

This afternoon I heard Tippy barking her, “There’s something out here I’m not sure about.” bark. I went out to see what it was. At first, I didn’t see anything. Then I spotted just a small glimpse of some black scales.

Granted, it got up to the 45°F (7.2°C) this afternoon, but I’m not sure what this guy was doing out considering how cold it was this morning. Shouldn’t he have been hibernating in a hole somewhere?

Later, Tippy was barking again, so I went back out. This time it was out from under the leaves, and I was able to see that it was a Ringneck Snake…one of the harmless snakes I see a lot around here.

I’m hoping this upcoming week will see much better weather and at least one more run than I did this week. I hope you all have a great one.

One thought on “WEEK IN REVIEW

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s