Another week is in the books. It’s hard to believe how fast this year is going by. If only my running were as fast. LOL

Monday: I worked in the 2 to 3-year-old classroom at daycare all day. Monday after the time changes is almost as bad as a full moon. It was a struggle for both the kids and the teachers, but we survived to tell the tale, as they say. I was beat when I got home though, so I didn’t feel like going for a run. However, one good thing about the time change is that there is more time to do things, like run/walk, after work. I walked 1.0 mile in 15:30 minutes for a 3.9 mph pace.

Tuesday: I took mom to a dentist appointment at noon. We did a little bit of shopping on the way home. That included buying pizza for lunch. After eating that, I rested for a while to give it time to settle before heading out for a run. Turns out, my heart felt like it was doing weird things all afternoon, so I opted for a wun instead. It was interesting that my HR was highest during the walking part, for the most part. I made a good decision to not run though, as my breathing was off again. I’m glad I have the heart monitor on. Hopefully it is catching some episodes of whatever is going on and we can address it. I did a 2.0 mile walk/run (wun) in 30:27 minutes for a 3.9 mph pace.

Wednesday: I worked at daycare again from 8 – 4:30. This week is spring break for our school system, so the attendance was low. One of the teachers in the one- to two-year-old classroom had asked to have the day off. The other one called in sick, so I was by myself most of the day. Thankfully, there were only 4 children there. For the most part, they were good and played well together. I got home at 4:55, took Tippy for a walk, ate left over pizza, and left again to pick up mom for church at 5:30. I got home at 7:35, changed clothes, and went down for a treadmill walk while finishing watching Jeopardy. The streak is still going. I walked one mile in 15:48 minutes for a 3.8 mph pace.

My new Garmin Forerunner 745 was delivered Wednesday. I decided to go for a new color. So far, I like all of the information it gives me on my runs and my day in general. I’ll have to play with it when I get the time to figure out how to change some of the settings, but I think I am really going to enjoy the upgrade. The true color is closer to the one on my wrist.

Thursday: The house that my Uncle lived in when I was little was foreclosed on and they were going to do a bank auction on the steps of the courthouse Thursday morning. The house is across from my mom’s and the man who lives in it told another neighbor that he had made all of the mortgage payments, so it was a mess. Anyway, I decided to go to the auction, just to see how they were conducted and how much the property sold for. I got ready and barely got there on time due to a traffic detour. No one was around. I waited and few minutes and then drove over to the two other places I thought it could take place. Nothing. So I went back to the courthouse, went in and asked the guard at the door. He said they have nothing to do with the sales, but the people usually do come in to certify the price. There had been no one there today. He said they only thing he could think of is that maybe the owner and the bank were able to work something out. I really hope that was the case, but there should have been some notice somewhere to let people know it wasn’t happening.

I worked in the same class as Wednesday from 10:45 – 4:00. There were 6 kids there, but also another teacher. Still, it is amazing the difference 2 extra kids can make. They were still good, just more rambunctious.

When I got home, it was still light enough and warm enough to get out for a run on the driveway. My legs felt like lead, but my breathing was okay. Now, if I could just get those two things to be good at the same time….. I walked a total of one mile for warm up and cool down in a total of 15:58 minutes for a 3.8 mph pace. Elevation of 135 feet. I ran 2.0 miles in 26:19 minutes for an average pace of 13:09 min/mile (4.6 mph) pace. Elevation of 245 feet. Interestingly, my Garmin’s suggested workout was a 13:10 pace, but they wanted me to go for over an hour. LOL

Friday: I worked at daycare from 6:30 until 9:45. It’s so hard for me to get up early enough to get there at 6:30, but I made it. This early time is easy though, because there aren’t a lot of kids that come in before 7:30. I had three at 8:00 and they were the easy ones. I spent the rest of the time in the baby/barely one year old room.

I left work and went for my Friday doubles tennis match. Talked way more than we should, but one of the other ladies was also wearing a Holter Monitor, like mine, but with different instructions. We were comparing notes. She is have AFib every once in a while. Weird that all of these heart issues are popping up. It was fun and I did get some exercise. I played tennis for 1:40:41 h:m:s and burned 338 calories. I like that this Garmin has a setting for walking and tennis. My old one I just had to call those things “other.”

I had to make a detour on the way home because a flatbed truck carrying lumber had overturned and landed in a pond that is near the side of the road. I turned around but didn’t know what the best way would be to get back to where I needed to go. I took the first left. As I was driving, I noticed a road I recognized, so turned left on it. At the end, I was back to where I thought I would be and was only delayed about 5 minutes. I was proud of my navigational skills.

After I got home, I went out for a walk on the driveway. I was really tired since I had only slept a little over 4 hours and had had a long day. Running was out of the questions. I walked 1.0 mile in 15:26 minutes for a 3.9 mph pace. Elevation gain was 98 feet.

Saturday: I did a lot of work in the house in the morning and then Tippy and I took the trash to the convince center and took a nice long drive in the truck. It had been a month since I had driven it, so it needed to be driven. I was in a mood even though the sun was shining and it was warm. The wind was blowing at 13 mph. Because of all of that, I decided that I wasn’t going to go for that long run I had planned. I did a short walk/run instead. I wun 2.0 miles in 28:53 minutes for a pace of 14:27 min/mile (4.2 mph). Elevation was 234 feet. I was glad that I didn’t try to run.

Sunday: Today mom and I went to early church. We stopped at Subway on the way home and got sandwiches for an early lunch. Then we worked on the current jigsaw puzzle for over an hour. I was still way too stuffed, and tired, to do exercise right after I got home, so I sat/laid on the couch hoping for a nap that never came. At least I got some much needed rest.

I went out about 4:15 for another wun on the driveway. I started to call this one a run, since overall the pace was 4.5 mph and the middle part, where I ran 2/3 of the laps, it was 4.6 mph. But, I didn’t separate the segments, so I’m going with a wun. It really doesn’t matter what it is called. I got some sunshine and fresh air and burned some calories. I wun 2.25 miles in 30:50 minutes for a 13:42 min/mile (4.4 mph) pace. Elevation gained was 247 feet.

Overall, it was a good week. I do hope to post more often…which I say every week. I feel that the posts are too long if I wait until Sunday to post. I don’t know how to be brief. I hope you all have a great week ahead.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s